Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Great Is His Faithfulness



We woke up this morning to everything adorned in several inches of beautiful fresh snow, just as had been predicted. As I sat enjoying our morning routine and gazing out at the snow gently falling, I was in awe of the beauty of my awesome Creator. But I quickly found my mind starting to wander and felt the tears and emotion of what this day holds. You see, even though we are in a state of emergency due to the roads and weather conditions, we will prepare and make our way to a funeral home later this afternoon. And the real state of emergency is what the family waiting at that funeral home is experiencing…..which unfortunately, we know and understand all too well. A phone call last Saturday night that changed their lives forever. Their beloved 28 year old son tragically killed in a car accident. A friend of our son's who had spent time at our home, and the nephew of our dear friends. 
I don’t want to understand what his parents are going through…the pain, grief and heart wrenching agony. How they’re trying to parent their other children when they don’t even know if they have the strength to take their next breath. How life feels like it should stop and in a lot of ways has stopped, and yet so cruelly goes on. But then I stop my brain from trying to take me down that dark, hopeless road and start focusing on the truth. The truth that has given me the strength, courage and hope to not only live, but to live with a new purpose…..to comfort those with the same abundant comfort that I have received from my amazing Savior. His grace is more sufficient than I ever could have imagined! 
So as I walk into that funeral home searching for words to express something for which there are no words to express, I pray that they will see hope in a family that is walking this same unwanted journey. And in the days, weeks and months ahead I pray that I can continue to be a help and comfort to another mom whose heart will never be the same.

The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment