Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Grace


I have never participated in five minute friday, but with the prompting and encouragement of my sister-in-law and the hope that this could help or encourage someone, I’m stepping out of my comfort zone. So here goes…….
Grace…..more specifically God’s grace, is a subject I’m very passionate about. You see, if it wasn’t for God’s grace my life would literally have ended on October 3, 2009. That was the day my new journey (one that no parent ever expects or could even imagine) began. A journey that I would not be able to endure for even one second without the revelation of God’s grace. You see on that day our beloved 23 year old son left this earth. No, I won’t say we lost him because I know exactly where he is. And I won’t say he died because he is more alive than ever, in his heavenly home. But what I will say is that the pain and heartache is deeper than anything imaginable. And, it doesn’t go away…..ever. There are moments when, if I let myself think about it, the reality still takes my breath away. And my heart literally aches for him every second of every day.
But, God’s grace has been more than sufficient…..it’s been all sufficient. And trust me, if you knew me you would really understand that I would not have survived even one day without it! And in those moments, hours and yes even days when I feel like I just can’t take any more of this unwanted journey, I know that His grace is still all sufficient, I just need to accept and receive what He has freely given.

No comments:

Post a Comment