Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Striving for Imperfection



I've been thinking a lot about my perfectionism lately and how much it prohibits me from doing things that I'm interested in, so I decided to look up the definition.....and yikes!... A propensity for being displeased with anything that is not perfect.  Reading that definition makes me want to get a coloring book and color outside of every line in it! And since the most beautiful things in life are the imperfect, the pressure is off! So, I'm moving forward with this blog even though it doesn't look exactly like I want it to....and one of these days I'll even finish my about me and add that.  But in the meantime, I'm taking Voltaire's advice....."Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." 

1 comment:

  1. Your observation that the things imperfect are the most beautiful...well, it's perfect, as is the accompanying photograph you chose. I am truly thrilled to read your words and hear your heart here on your blog.I could read it every day. Thanks for your courage and transparency. And....consider buying two coloring books and sets of crayons. I, also, could use the practice. Love you!

    ReplyDelete